Wednesday 20 July 2016

Saturday sessions - part 2

Sunil Yapa and Tony Birch

After Sunil's session on the Tuesday I could not wait for the next reading from the book and I was left suitably impressed yet again. The passion that he gives the characters as he reads from the book is inspiring and was enough to get me to buy his book (which he signed for me).

Tony was also impressive with his reading and I am glad that he opened with "I thought this was a G rated audience but after Sunil I thought fuck it" and read from his book. Again the power that the authors are able to draw from the characters in the book in their execution whe nreading left me amazed and wanting to know more of what was happening.

When Tony discussed where he draws his characters from "I just googled it printed it off and took it from there" showed that having that physical image to look at can help create the character that you may want for your story.

Nick Gadd and Olga Lorenzo

I was cautios of this session as it was listed as Prose and Poetry in the Uni guide but was a reading and explanation of the authors works. A good read and talk about what they do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment