Tuesday 19 July 2016

Poem number Two - Mood poem - descriptive

Being given another poem so soon after the first was both a blessing and a curse. The mind was now switched on and flowing with the creative thought processes that are generally locked away when studying. The first day of the Writers in Action course has woken my mind to the fun and creativity that can be had when looking at books and thinking about how words can capture moments in time if you write them down.

The two poems that I wrote about the moods that I was experiencing.


I am happy
I am not happy that my alarm woke me with my favorite song
I am not happy that I had a good breakfast and a nice coffee
I am not happy that I had to come to University and be involved with an interesting course
I am happy that I got to wake up next to my beautiful wife
I am happy that I was able to make my children breakfast and share conversation
I am happy that I am surrounded by interesting and smart people that want to learn
I am happy that I can study.

I am tired
I am not tired because I have had surgery to put two stents in recently
I am not tired because I spent all of yesterday doing housework
I am not tired because I watched to much T.V. last night
I am tired because I stayed up listening to my children read
I am tired because I stayed up that little bit later to watch a show with my wife
I am tired because I woke early to get fresh bread from the bakery to make sandwiches
I am tired but not overly so.

No comments:

Post a Comment